Monday, April 4, 2022

The End is nearing

 The next two post will be my last. What an experience this has all been. It was fun to create from scratch a film opening and the idea created by me. This process that took over nine weeks was full of ups and downs. Many setbacks and failures but I have managed to work through it all. It was also a really stressful experience however. Nonetheless the day has finally come where everything needs to be submitted. I'm honestly quite proud of myself for creating this from scratch. 

Now this blog post aims to answer the following questions for my CCR.

    1. How does your product use or challenge conventions and how does it represent social groups or                  issues?

 2. How does your product engage with audiences and how would it be distributed as a real media text?

3. How did your production skills develop throughout this project?

4. How did you integrate technologies – software, hardware, and online – in this project? 


1. As this is a crime drama, I didn't really challenge any typical drama conventions. I felt as if the typical crime drama convention fit as to what I was going for. Typically a murder occurs, Involves criminals, crime family and betrayal. The only convention I did challenge however was the main characters. I had 3 main characters and 2/3 were females. Which is a nice change as it's typically male main characters in crime drama films.

2. It would be posted on YouTube and be promoted on Social Media such as Instagram, Twitter and Snapchat. As our targeted audience and the target audience of crime drama is mainly teens to adults. Nowadays many are on social media so I will capitalize on that and promote my film opening on there. I can also promote my film opening at school as it does also target teenagers. 
 
3. I took everything I have learned about shots and angles and editing and used it on this film opening. If there was anything I didn't understand I also went to YouTube to seek the answers I need. 

4. I integrated technology such as My phone and Laptop and editing software's. I filmed on my phone and editing on my laptop using CapCut an editing software I stumbled across on my YouTube ad recommendations. It seemed fairly simple to use so I gave it a go and edited my film opening on there. I didn't have any professional lighting equipment's so I just used my house lights.   

This is where I'm at cya for my CCR and my Film opening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Film opening

 The long awaited film opening, here is the link: https://youtu.be/V83uf3wL1ZE